Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Things have been pretty crazy around my life, but I kinda like it that way.

It's been awhile since my last update. Things have been pretty crazy around my life, but I kinda like it that way. Over break I was in the owl house, pretty much all alone. I did enjoy the friendly visits though. Needless to say, break was beyond boring. I'm glad everyone is back and school has started.  Other great things have started...RUSH! Who doesn't love recruitment?! I love getting to know the new girls and bonding with my sisters. It's the best time of year!


So other new things...I'm working in the Marketing and Communication Department at Otterbein. I've been writing press releases, working on stories, researching articles, etc. I really enjoy it so far and it's definitely helping with my writing skills. 


I was also just hired on at EasyColumbus, a section of the Columbus Dispatch, as a student ambassador. Super excited about that. I'll be writing weekly blogs and generally just being cool. I have an interview tomorrow for another internship, so hopefully that will go well.


I'm starting to get very anxious about graduating and not having a job. Hopefully one will pop up here soon. Fingers crossed : )


It's been about six months since I've been in a classroom full-time because of my admission internship this last fall. I do very much enjoy not having to get ready every morning. And also not working for eight hours straight Monday through Friday is fantastic. Yes, I know the real world is fast approaching but for now I will relax in the rest of my senior year.


I'm in Human Sexuality with Lauren and Kylie, which is hilarious, interesting, and a much needed break. It's not a required course, but I'm enthused Lauren convinced me to take it. Debate is on my schedule...blah. I hate debate. Hate. Hate. Hate. The only bright side is that I don't actually have to debate. I went through that last year and got my cookies handed to me. 


Caitlin and Megan are student teaching this quarter, so it's been a nice change of pace to be the one sleeping in. Oh how I enjoy having my first class at 11:00 am. 


Well, that's enough for now. More to come soon : )


Love & Hoots

No comments:

Post a Comment